[Gmecm] VE error in $A1 hac?

Ryan Hess rgmecm
Sun Apr 23 04:44:27 UTC 2006

I'm a n00b when it comes to assembly, but I was reading the 3d VE lookup tables in the $a1 hac, and it appears to me that if the RPM <800, it gets multiplied by 2, and 400rpm is subtracted.  Wouldn't that mean the last cell would be 400 rpm?  Someone check me...  If so I need to change my definition file.

(there's no way this is going to come out formatted right...)
                      B893      LB893:cmpa  #0x20                   ;800 RPM
B895        bhi      LB89F                   ;BRANCH IF > 800 RPM, ELSE
B897        lsla                          ;MULT * 2
B898        suba      #0x30                   ;(RPM*2)-48
B89A        bcc      LB89D                   ;BRANCH IF NO UNDERFLOW, ELSE
B89C        clra                          ;CLEAR A
B89D      LB89D:bra   LB8A1                   ;BRANCH
B89F      LB89F:suba  #0x10                   ;RPM - 400 RPM
B8A1      LB8A1:ldx      #0x8772                       ;MAIN VE TABLE
... MAP stuff

B8B5      LB8B5:bra   LB8C3                   ;GO DO TABLE LOOKUP
B8B7      LB8B7:psha                          ;SAVE RPM ON STACK

Ryan