[Gmecm] Port injector wiring

Robin Handley Robin
Tue Apr 25 23:37:57 UTC 2006

It's been quite a while since I posted, so apologies if this is a really
dumb question to return with:

I've been using ANHT in a 1227727 to control the ignition on my 4 cylinder
engine for a couple of years now. I'm using a reluctor trigger in a
distributor to provide the trigger inputs via an 8 pin HEI.

I'm now starting to think about fuel injection, with one injector per port.
Using my distributor trigger, the ECM doesn't know which cylinder is
triggering at any time, but this isn't a problem for ignition as the rotor
arm sorts it out. But what happens with injection? I can only think that all
the injectors must fire at every trigger event - 'batch' injection. The
on-line wiring diagrams for the 1227727 show one injector pin for cylinders
2, 4, 6, 8 and another for 1, 3, 5, 7. As ANHT is intended for an 8 cylinder
engine this suggests that more information is available to the ECM than my
distributor trigger can provide. Is this right - I can't see another sensor
in the wiring diagrams? Could somebody please explain to me when these two
banks are fired, and how I should wire these pins up to my (only) 4 port
injectors, given that I'm using a distributor trigger?

Robin