[Gmecm] Port injector wiring

Robin Handley Robin
Wed Apr 26 16:04:11 UTC 2006

> That's the way the factory has them wired, so no problem.

True, but the factory has 4 injectors on each line and I was worrying that,
if both lines are internally joined, then I would be loading the driver
transistor with just 4 injectors in parallel instead of 8. Is this ok?

I was also a little surprised to see that the injectors aren't just wired
between the signal and ground pins - the diagrams that I have show power
into one pin of the injector, and the other pin of the injector connected to
the ECM signal pin. Then the dedicated injector ground pin connected to
engine/battery ground. Is this right for a 1227727/1227730? Should I keep
the dedicated injector ground pins separate from other ground lines?

> I would think you would have some serious tuning to do to get a v8 cal to
run your 4 cyl.

You could be right! I will have a WBO2 to help me, though, and I have
devised a way of modifying tables via ALDL while the engine is running. I
just hope there's nothing in ANHT/$8D to bite me... like running over
6375RPM, and/or not having half the sensors connected that the original
installation had. (I have TPS, MAP and CTS only ATM.) I have managed w/o a
VSS on my ignition only setup, but I'm not clear yet whether I'll have to
fit one or mod the code for injection to be happy. The other 2 sensors that
I don't have yet are the MAT and the lambda. I guess the MAT is essential
for the speed density calculations, but I guess I could run open loop, if I
were confident about my tuning!

I think my best tuning approach has got to be to set all the fuel correction
arrays to zero, and just work on the main VE table. I'm open to ideas,
though!

Thanks,

Robin