[Gmecm] High CR TBI

Chris Reynolds red83brick
Sat Aug 5 01:33:16 UTC 2006

I know what you mean.

  I have sucessfully tuned a very large cam in my 312 TBI.  230/236* @ .050, roller cam with 1.6:1 rockers (Extreme EFI).   Carcraft claims that anything over 206* intake duration @ .050 is IMPOSSIBLE with TBI.   I laughed when that article came out and my 305 TBI was running a L-82 knock-off cam (224/224 @ .050) with 1.6:1 rockers.

  Here is the idle.

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XLXwAXkDHo

  My virtually stock internal HD 350 TBI will get up and go for pulling around 5,500 lbs of G-series Van.

  Here is a 65-90 MPH run @ 3/4 throttle getting onto the highway

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX5Av4pS1RA

Mike V <efi at dyakron.com> wrote:
  Hi Lyndon,
by 'mistake' you're referring to people going too wild on the overlap
with a MAP system??
Do you have the specs handy on his cam?
Cheers,
MV