[Gmecm] Burning 2732

Jared Ryan jryan
Wed Aug 9 22:36:20 UTC 2006

I need a pointer.  I must be doing something wrong.

I am trying to burn an ANLU .bin in a 2732 chip for a 1228746.  I have
a Willem programmer, and a blank 2732 and a blank 27C32.  The Willem
programmer is able to read 2732 chips without problems.  To test it, I
read an ANTT chip (F-body 305 TBI), and it read without problems, and
the data in the resulting .bin file made perfect sense in TunerCat.

So I start with a 2732 chip that I know is blank, put it in the ZIF
socket in the programmer, select 2732 in the software, and set the DIP
switches as the program shows.  I click "Burn," and it says it is
burning, but when it gets to the "Verify" step, it shows an error at
the very first address.  I read the chip, and nothing has changed.
Every bit is still a 1, so it is still blank.

The programmer interfaces with the PC with a parallel cable and I have
the USB cable hooked up to provide 5V power.

What am I missing?  I get the same results whether I try the 2732 or
27C32.  The markings on the two chips are as follows:

AM2732
ADC
8318DP
C1983 AMD