[Gmecm] Check Engine Light Wiring / Oil Pressure Sensor Wiring, '88 S-10

Aphelion79 aphelion79
Sun Aug 13 15:03:34 UTC 2006

Ok all... back to my Jeep which is now running wonderful thanks to all
of you who helped me figure out how to set the timing! =D  The only
remaining two "problems" I have... is now I just need to figure out how
to wire the Check Engine light... I can't find any wiring schematics
that show anything about where it should plug in to!

Also there are 3 wires coming out of my Oil Pressure sensor... one wire
says it goes to "instrument cluster".  I tried that wire and my oil
pressure gage shot up to 80 LBS (the upper limit) when I turned the key
to "on" it went back to 0 and didn't move after I started it... Should
this sender shoot out the same amount of volts as my old oil pressure
gage?  Can I use my OLD sender and have no problems?  (Looking at the
wiring diagram it appears possibly that when there is no oil pressure
the fuel pump will not run?)
Engine Wiring Schematic:
http://members.cox.net/aphelion79/enginewiring.pdf
<http://members.cox.net/aphelion79/enginewiring.pdf>
If so, would it be safe just to run the gray and orange wires together?

Body Wiring Schematic:
http://members.cox.net/aphelion79/bodywiring.pdf