[Gmecm] Re: +AFs-Gmecm+AF0- Check Engine Light Wiring / Oil Pressure Sensor Wiring, '88 S-10

Aphelion79 aphelion79
Sun Aug 13 22:34:46 UTC 2006

Brilliant I didn't think of using a T Fitting :)

Also I didn't think of the fact that at low oil pressure the S-10 may
not have had a gauge at all... just a warning lamp that says "Oil" or
something!

Thanks for the information... I could always do the "lets see if it runs
if I unplug this" thing... but I'd have no idea if it isn't running
correctly because its not getting the expected signals for not being
plugged in!  Anywho... I'll just screw in the old sender and call it
good... Thanks again all!

Now any information on how to wire up a Check Engine Light, or could I
just use a Scan Tool on the ALDL instead and not worry about wiring up a
light?  (I was reading a website that stated after jumping A and B on
the ALDL and turning the key to ON the Check Engine Light would flash so
many times and mean this, etc etc... could I get the same info from a
Scan Tool?)

-Matt