[Gmecm] Check Engine Light Wiring / Oil Pressure Sensor Wiring, '88 S-10

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Mon Aug 14 01:58:58 UTC 2006

You should have the service manual for the S-10, it'll make life much
simpler.

If you go to the gmecm twiki, click ECM info, then click 1227747 you'll
some links to scanned service manual pages.  Page 4 has the check engine
light on it.  One side of the light goes to fused +12, the other side of
the light to the ECM.   I think some applications have this reversed,
however, with the light wired to ground and the ECM providing power.
Best to check specifically how the S-10 was wired.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.