[Gmecm] Re: +AFs-Gmecm+AF0- 2.5L 151 TBI'ed +ACY- Working Great, but...

Jared Ryan jryan
Tue Aug 15 09:32:50 UTC 2006

TBI doesn't fast-idle nearly as fast as a carburetor.  The maximum
fast-idle speed in my 9C1 '746 calibration is 1400 rpm.  The fast-idle
specification for my car with the factory QuadraJet was 2200 rpm.  That's
a huge difference.

I like not having the engine run so fast at start-up, and not having to
bump the accelerator pedal to get it to slow down.  The ECM does that all
by itself, using the IAC motor.

The normal idle speed can vary.  The ECM has tables that let it change the
idle speed according to temperature and whether or not the air conditioner
is running.