[Gmecm] SB Chevy in boat

Greg Etchell Greg
Wed Aug 16 16:55:18 UTC 2006

I was wondering the same thing?

I thought about drilling and tapping the exhaust crossover passage in the
intake and installing a heated o2 or drilling and tapping the exhaust
manifold right at the head before the water jacket starts.

The water is not dumped into the exhaust system until just at the end the
exhaust elbow before the rubber coupling.

I have not had the time or energy try either approach yet.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Don Sauman
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:40 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] SB Chevy in boat

Hi Steve

There was a guy on this list some time ago who was offering information on
TBI conversions for Jeeps. If I remember right, the same person talked about
boat applications. Initially the system was run without an
O2 sensor in open loop mode. He then said that he had worked out a way of
getting an O2 sensor to work. I realise that is kind of muddled but I am
working from memory.

I would be happy to work open loop.

As far as the O2 sensor is concerned, on my I-6 there is one point where I
can access exhaust gas at the end on the water jacket and just before the
exit water injection. I think mine is not quite standard.

Cheers
Don

Steve Ravet wrote:

> [...]
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information in any medium.  Thank you.

Don Sauman
Cythera Communication
35 Asteroid Way