[Gmecm] Strange effect while trying to tune my GM-EFIed beast

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Fri Aug 25 23:25:29 UTC 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 19:09, David Allen wrote:
> black smoke! After farting around with it, I noticed 2 cells in the table
> (which I had not intended to modify) were off by a factor of 10!  I must
> have "bumped the mouse" and accidentally edited these cells.  Correcting
> this fixed it. Look at your tables in "graph view" and see if there are any
> strange peaks, valleys or cutoffs. Anything major wrong should show up. Do

Good point! I'll check the tables as soon as I get home.

> you save each old calibration?   So you can therefore "go back" and undo
> the changes?  I've got about 7 calibrations where I tweaked on different
> aspects of my turbo motor. This has saved me hours of work on more than one

Yes, I normally save "snapshots" of a knowing half-working calibrations :)

> occation! Which model Bimmer have you got?  (used to work at an independant
> BMW / Mercedes shop) Later,

It is a 1982 E21 323i, 5sp. manual gearbox.

I'm still early on the tuning phase, but the areas that already work right,
the GM EFI setup is giving me *much* better responsiveness than the old
k-jetronic mechanical injection setup.

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.