[Gmecm] Camaros - Off topic!

blitz@teamblitz.com teamblitz01
Sat Aug 26 15:59:17 UTC 2006

**And being the good guy you are, and wanting to help a kid in the car hobby, I'm sure you spent a little time with him trying to assist him rather than just laughing at him. You know, like some older guys helped you out when you were a kid and same age as him. (After they were done laughing at you.) :-) Norm

  That Camaro Song is great! <br />>
   I'm not against Camaros, it just happens one of the most awful cars I ever saw happened to be a Camaro.  Here in AL, many of the country-boy racers have that bodystyle Camaro as in the Camaro song video.  Customized so that it is MUCH louder than it is fast.  A boy I know had one with all the following features.  This was the WORST car I have ever seen aside from in a junkyard.  What was so funny was he actually considered it fast.  <br />>
  He had this car while I was putting the mostly-stock TBI injected 305 in my Nova.  Always he was talking trash about how my "computer motor" would never be as fast as his car!  His specs follow:<br />>
  -Left and right cylinder heads different valve sizes and compression ratio... <br />>
  -Holley vacuum-secondary carb converted to mechanical using coathanger wire linkages...<br />>
  -Off-the wall race cam nowhere near matched to either cylinder head...<br />>
  -Computer-advance HEI distributor with no ECM connected...<br />>
  -El-Cheapo headers - different style on each side...<br />>
  -Turbo350 transmission w/ bark-in-each-gear shift-kit and "3 million RPM" torque converter...<br />>
  -One-wheel brakes... (rear brake lines capped, one front caliper sticking and inoperable)<br />>
  -Missing steering pump and hydraulic hoses but still has a power steering box...<br />>
  -Each bolt-on body panel a different color (trunk, hood, each door, each fender)...<br />>
  -HUGE globs of silicone caulk sealing t-top panels...<br />>
  -At least 20 % of cars surface area covered in performance aftermarket parts stickers, in various stages of sun-bleaching...<br />>
  -Left and right tail lights from different bodystyles (yellow vs. red turn-signals)<br />>
  -Radio repalced with 3 gauge pod...<br />>
  -Air conditioner controls leaking engine oil onto console... (mechanical oil pressure gauge above them leaking into dash)<br />>
  -Bevel gears welded up in differential for full-time lock.  Could hardly turn a corner...<br />>
  -Mismatched tires and rims...<br />>
  I bet we've all seen one or two of these type of setups!<br />>
  David<br />>