[Gmecm] ? about pre-efi gm ecm

Jared Ryan jryan
Sun Aug 27 19:47:16 UTC 2006

I need to mention, also, to put any thought of using the stock CCC
carburetor harness out of your head.  The CCC carburetor and TBI
systems are not the same.  You will end up using some of the in-dash
wiring, and that is fine, but the under-hood part is different.

The CCC ECM for carburetors is very, very different from EFI.  You will
want a 1227747 or 1228746 (I prefer the '746 for the El Camino since it
is a car, and the '746 was used in cars, not pickups).

The ECMs for carburetors have edge connectors, and those for EFI have
pin connectors.  That is one example of how different they are.

  ---> Jared Ryan <---
jryan at caminofx.org | http://www.caminofx.org