[Gmecm] $8D IAC stalls engine on decel

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Sun Aug 27 23:39:45 UTC 2006

Hi guys!

Well, my GM ECMed bimmer is getting almost into a nice shape. Managed to
correct the engine cuts @ 2000RPM by starting modifications from the backup
bin I had, but I couldn't figure why exactly it was doing that.... anyway...
now I have only *one* big driveability problem left:

On decels the IAC throttle follower keeps getting the commanded IAC steps down
to ZERO. And this happens quite a lot when downshifting, so when it is at
zero steps, I push the clutch and I get an instant stall.

Any ideas of why is the throttle follower getting the IAC down to zero?
Shouldn't it be keeping the minimum at a saner value (learned Keep Alive
steps for example)??

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.