[Gmecm] $8D IAC stalls engine on decel

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Mon Aug 28 00:31:03 UTC 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 19:59, David Allen wrote:
>   Hey how have you set your minimum airflow setting?  Sounds like a problem
> both my cars have had at one time or another.  Engine should idle at base
> idle fully warmed up A/C off with IAC at 0 steps.

Good point... I haven't set mine... but shouldn't then all the IAC settings be
too high after setting the min idle with the throttlebody?

> Have you a VSS input?

Nope, and that was one of the problems I was thinking about.
Tried to follow the IAC code from the ANHT hac, but couldn't figure exactly
why with a VSS=0, the throttle follower keeps getting down to 0 anyway.
BLM cells don't want to change because of lack of VSS too :(
So I'm still trying to figure out how to get a VSS installed.
My problem is where to install a VSS ... and what kind of VSS sensor to use.

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.