[Gmecm] $8D IAC stalls engine on decel

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Mon Aug 28 01:44:37 UTC 2006

Tomas, VSS is part of stall saver, in that while you're driving at
highway speed the ECM takes the opportunity to reset the IAC to a known
position.  You should get it hooked up.  But in your case, the ECM
commanding IAC to zero, the lack of VSS may not be the problem.  What I
see on the scan tool is above some speed (30?) the IAC opens
significantly from where the idle routine left it.  Take a look at the
idle strategy document on the gmecm page.  It's on the twiki, under
"papers written by list members", and has a lot of good information in
it.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.