[Gmecm] TPI vs TBI & others

Beau Blankenship ne14roxcj
Thu Aug 31 14:13:09 UTC 2006

RPM torque.

Beau Blankenship

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Chris Reynolds
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:53 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] TPI vs TBI & others

Dyno test on 7 different swaps.  Dual plane manifolds give more torque down
between idle-2,200 rpm than the TPI setup, then out pull it again over
4,500.

William Lucke <william.lucke at highspeedlink.net> wrote:  My experience with
TPI is that it has tremendous low RPM torque. I'm
wondering evidence people who claim otherwise are basing their claims on...

Also, someone asked how TPI compared to a couple of other manifolds. Due
to a bug in my email program (Thunderbird), I can't reply to that
message. From what I've heard, the Holley Stealth Ram (HSR) is currently
the hot setup for replacing a TPI with something more high RPM oriented,
but not as much so as a Mini-Ram.

Will