[Gmecm] TPI vs TBI & others

Åke Georgsson papegoj
Thu Aug 31 16:04:49 UTC 2006

Beau Blankenship wrote:

>Some folks here may remember, I just made that switch from TBI on a
>Performer intake to basically stock TPI with LT1 injectors. The TBI was the
>Pro-Jection TB (2" bores) run by a GM '7747.  I can honestly say that the
>TBI had noticeably more power in the higher RPMs. Highway driving was really
>fun at times. BUT, it was kind of sluggish around town and had a hell of a
>time holding its speed on the highway with the boat hooked up (unless, of
>course, the speed was 90mph). Then came a motor swap. Basically the same
>350, bored, flat-top pistons, small-runner small-valve heads, etc. The cams
>were a little different (TBI motor had a large 218/226 cam and the TPI got a
>206/214). The TPI motor has plenty of low-end torque to pull the boat at any
>highway speed in OD. But those long steep hills on the way to the Brady
>Mountain Marina require a very generous right foot in 2nd gear. I would
>never trade the TPI for another TBI in my daily driver. If I were building a
>racecar, I would probably not use the TPI due to its lack of high-rpm power.
>But for my Blazer, I have to agree with William. The TPI has plenty of low
>RPM torque and only falls short of the TBI over 4000-4500 RPM "in my
>experience." I tend to not trust manufacturer's dyno tests and claims,
>because their engine is not what is in my truck. Both types of GM EFI have
>their benefits, but I would NOT say that the TPI has any problem with low
>RPM torque.
>
>Beau Blankenship

   well  has any one been using  the   Accel DFI Pro-Ram Fuel Injection
Systems for Small Block Chevy
<http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400020+310653+115&autoview=sku>
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ACC%2D77142&N=700+400020+4294925239+4294853151+115&autoview=sku
its got lots of bennefits on the calibrateoption comperd to using a
stock ecm 8 if u havent got any material to remapp it )