[Gmecm] Any USB developers out there?

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Fri Dec 22 01:56:09 UTC 2006

Take a look at the 68hc58 spec on the gmecm page.  Normal J1850 messages
have a maximum length of ?? (100 bytes or so?).  Can't recall exactly.
Block mode does away with that and allows the transmitter to send as
many bytes as it wants.  Block and 4x are used together for reflashing,
to speed it up.

Having done this board I think bit banging may be a better solution,
certainly cheaper, although more work up front in the firmware.

--steve