[Gmecm] Any USB developers out there?

Craig Moates craig.moates
Mon Dec 25 21:01:01 UTC 2006

Folks,

I updated the layout, and it's probably ready for a proto run. Check it out if you like:
www.moates.net/projects/
Got tired of trying to squeeze those beefy 1206s in there so went to mostly 0402. They're doable with magnifier and tweezers.

All the components are specified, laid out pretty well, and labeled on the schematic and silkscreen.

I'll start working on the firmware shortly. Prefer C++ or ASM? Guess I'll make it compatible with some of the 'other' stuff out
there.

Best regards,
Craig Moates

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Ravet" <Steve.Ravet at arm.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:36 AM
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] Any USB developers out there?

Bill, I've been meaning to ask you about this.  BDLC is one thing, it
doesn't include a line driver and it doesn't do block transfers or 4x
mode.  68hc58 is a DLC, and if you go to freescale.com and put xc68hc58
into the search field you come up to a page with 4 DLC parts that say
active, and in fact have all been transitioned to ROHS.  I'm not sure
that it is obsolete, given that it's the only choice for PCM and for
reflashing equipment, since it has support for blocks and 4x.

--steve