[Gmecm] Any USB developers out there?

Craig Moates craig.moates
Thu Dec 28 19:01:01 UTC 2006

I'll usually put solder on one of the pads by hand and then heat it up to a melt while I place the part with tweezers. Then remove
the heat and a second later release the part from being held.

Best regards,
Craig Moates

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Ravet" <Steve.Ravet at arm.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 6:44 PM
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] Any USB developers out there?

Do you have to reflow the paste?  I needed 3 hands to solder this board:
one for solder, one for the component, and one for the iron.  I was
thinking instead to put down blobs of paste, place the component, then a
touch with the iron to melt the paste.  The reflow oven looks neat but
more than I want to get into now, especially for this fairly small
project.

--steve