[Gmecm] duel tank info thanks!

Andrew McKenzie andmaca
Sun Feb 12 03:15:46 UTC 2006

Hi Cory,

I had run into a similar scenario when I was looking at running one electric
pump to my dad's 1985 Chevy C30 Silverado. It has twin 20 gallon saddle
tanks mounted the same as your C/K truck.

We ended up using the inline frame mounted pump between the tank selector
vale and the regulator. BTW, it was a carb setup but as TBI is low pressure
(about 15-20psi) it should work OK.

We used an AC Delco Marine electric pump, but I think Mercruiser also used
the TBI setup until about 6 years ago, so they should still list a frae
mounted inline TBI pump that will work for car application. I would visit
your local GM dealer to see if they can match up a frame mounted TBI inline
pump, or contact Airtex or Carter to see what they offer.

You are still going to have problems with your tanks not being baffled.

My 1985-91 GM C/K & R/V parts microfiche lists the main & auxiliary tank
shows the same part number. I am assuming left & right tanks will
interchange but have not physically tried it. The factory GM TBI tanks are
15548967 for the 16gal/61L and 15548968 for the 20Gal/76L

Yo can get aftermarket Spectra TBI tanks in 16gal/61L under part # GM11C
(RockAuto.com @ $87.99), or 20gal/76L under part # GM1C (RockAuto.com @
$82.79).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,