[Gmecm] TBI Swap - Iron Duke Tech IV

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Mon Feb 13 21:00:11 UTC 2006

The reason I reccomended what I did is because the 1227748 ecm spark tables and base spark setting are for DIS. It was never used on a distributor so the timing may be way wacked once est is commanded. I am going to check it out but haven't done it yet. As for using a distributor from a TBI it could work well. If it will fit the motor. (There are about 4-5 different designs for the block) and doing so will also require burning a very custom prom. Currently Tunercat is the only one with 1227748 definition files for editing. And then you have to buy proms, burner, etc. to get going.

  And the 250 HEI distributor? I have 2. Both do not have any external connectors and the module location would require major modificaiton to the distributor and cap. Potentially opening up for water intrusion. Again I don't know how the 1227748 ecm will handle the spark tables on a distributor. So I'm leaving the mechanical adavances for now.