[Gmecm] TBI Swap - Iron Duke Tech IV

Gary gas-
Sat Feb 18 15:45:46 UTC 2006

> the rotor may not be close enough to the tower to fire correctly.

In regards to the rotor contact area, it is better to actually observe the
rotor of a given application, as I've seen rotors with contact terminals
15/16" wide.

> One other issue I want to share, is the injector timing. It's not enough
> just to fire an injector when the spark fires. The injector MUST fire
> when the air is just beginning to be sucked into a cylinder....

> The window to get the fuel in decreases as the RPM go up. So if the
> injector timing is off you may miss that window, and get a misfire
> from poor fuel atomization.

You're making this out to be more technical and precise than it really
is.  After ~4000 RPM it is common for SEFI to become batch fire.
While not 100% DC, this does imply spraying fuel to the back of a
closed valve.  This explains why there is virtually no HP difference
from batch fire to sequential, or bank to bank, FTM.  Sequential's
strong suit is lower part throttle emissions and improved fuel economy.

> ... which is usually after the spark event.

:scratching head:

GAS