[Gmecm] C3 ECM questions

David Allen davida1
Sat Feb 25 04:08:48 UTC 2006

Ok here's a few questions.

First, my turbo Century with the 1226869 ECM has no place to easily mount an
air temp sensor in the airbox anymore.  TunerCAT doesn't show a way to turn
off the code for this sensor in either the $24A standard or 'turbo' .TDF
files.  Does anyone know the ROM location for this flag?  I hate to cheat
and use a fixed resistor to fool the computer into not flagging a code.

  Second, the 1226869 has parameters for wastegate control solenoid, even
EASE diagnosis shows its status.  But NOWHERE can I find a diagram of where
this connects to the ECM!  I would really like to have this functionality.
I may have to put some bogus numbers in it to make it activate the wastegate
at a set pressure, and keep testing for changing voltage at each unused ECM
pin.  This will be time consuming and hit-or-miss but it may be the only
way?
  I can't find any factory application data showing a factory turbo car with
this ECM.

Also, neither of my cars will send MAP sensor voltage via the ALDL.  Is
there anyway to make this happen? Neither the Century with the 1226869 nor
the Nova with the 1228746.

Any hope?
Thanks,
David