[Gmecm] Class2 DIY tools?

Phillip Kuhn pmkls1
Sun Jan 8 17:16:30 UTC 2006

>From what I have been told, no , the tech 2 is the
only tool that will do what you are looking to do. I
dont know for sure since the tech 2 is the only tool I
have ever used, but I have been told that aftermarket
tools such as the snap-on and others cannot access any
body functions like what you are looking for. If you
would like to give me a bit more info though about the
symptoms and what you have done that might have
brought on this situation I would be glad to try to
assist you as much as I can since body electronics has
been my main specialty for the past few years. I can
tell you that the problem is more than likely not
directly connected to the data line itself because you
would actually have more inoperative things probably.
Anyhow, I dont think you are going to find a scan tool
that will do what you need without dropping some
serious cash. And, without being able to access at
least body codes even my diagnostic abilities are
limited. Hope this helps,

Phil

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com