[Gmecm] Class2 DIY tools?

WopOnTour wopontour
Wed Jan 11 18:36:32 UTC 2006

Actually let me clarify
The ECM communication to a scan tool is KW2000 (DLC pin7) but the Catera
actually used a mixed network of Keyword 82,Keyword 2000, Class2, and CAN
The modules on the Keyword 82 data line are:

  a.. Automatic Level Control Sensor
  b.. Memory Seat Module
  c.. Instrument Cluster
  d.. Heater and A/C Control
  e.. SIR Module
  f.. Power Steering Control Module
  g.. Sun Roof Actuator
  h.. Theft Deterrent Module (Immobilizer)
The control modules on the Keyword 2000 data line are:

  a.. Engine Control Module (ECM
  b.. Transmission Control Module (TCM)
  c.. Electronic Brake/Traction Control Module
The modules on the Class 2 data line are:

  a.. Body Control Module (BCM)
  b.. Cellular Telephone
  c.. Radio Receiver
  d.. Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (1st design)
  e.. Sound Processor Interface
The control modules on the CAN data line are:

  a.. Engine Control Module (ECM
  b.. Transmission Control Module (TCM)
  c.. Electronic Brake/Traction Control Module
*Modules using more than 1 network protocol are providing "gateway" services
HTH
Regards
WopOnTour