[Gmecm] Re:Catera was Class2 DIY tools?

Scott Pearson mrcad472
Thu Jan 12 19:57:51 UTC 2006

> I never did like the catera or ever did I have a
> reason to look at the description for the data
> communications, but I see now why it was so wierd to
> work with. Luckily I came to cadillac as they were
> phasing out the catera and my work on them has been
> "reduced" due to that fact and to the expense of their
> parts. Below is a description of the communications
> used in a catera which I think might be useful to
> those unfortunate enough to have to work on one.

Not liking the Catera seems pretty common among those who work on them
occasionally. If you get familiar with them, they're not bad. Owners (unless
they've had an out of warranty timing belt experience) tend to really like
them. My wife drives one, and I see a couple others in the shop now and
then. They really are a nice little car, but yes parts are expensive.

Of course, I have another 'hated' GM car, the Trofeo.

Scott