[Gmecm] PRNDL Switch

Ne14RoxCJ ne14roxcj
Sat Jan 21 23:55:41 UTC 2006

I just noticed (after about a year) that my Snap-on scanner is reporting my
shifter position opposite of where it is. Says it is in drive when it is in
park/neutral and vice-versa. This is in my '85 K5 Blazer that I converted to
'88 TBI first and then to '92 TPI last year. It was all good with the TBI
and the '747 ecm. I did a pin swap to the '730 ecm according to the '92
Camaro wiring diagram and now it is opposite. I am using the SuperAUJP_V2
BIN from the ThirdGen site with a few mods to make it work really good in
the Blazer. I don't notice any problems, but it is backwards.

So my question is: Is there anywhere in the $8D code to change that value
that it looks for. Somewhere that says that a ground is Park/Neutral and
open is Drive (or vice-versa). Or possibly an alternative pin to run the
input to? I haven't seen anything in the ANHT hack I have. Anyone know about
this?

Steve- My TBI system depended a lot on the shifter position. About 100-150
RPM commanded idle IIRC. If your scanner shows Spark Advance and map, watch
those. My TPI idles right at 40kPa around 625 RPM. The SA table switched
from 19deg to 24.5deg below and above 40kPa. So bouncing a bit above and
below 40kPa made it surge. An aging engine could cause a bit less
vacuum-higher kPa, and get into a different area of a lot of the tables.
Sorry for the long post.

Beau