[Gmecm] service manuals

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Wed Jul 19 01:29:37 UTC 2006

The blue Techline ESI CD's / DVD's are real dealer stuff.  Dealers don't get FSM's anymore.  Latest data is sent through GM's own satellite network and doesn't even hit the DVD until later.

When did you ever see a "real" FSM at a book store unless it was a reprint?  HELM sells DVD's.  About 8 years ago they would give out a free DVD set just for the asking as a sample in case you were interested in buying a subscription.  That software ran on any OS up to win2k without trouble.  Today's software might be locked to a dongle or hasp.

Zaphod