[Gmecm] Re: +AFs-Gmecm+AF0- Cold start problem

Ron Drew rjdrew
Mon Jul 31 08:51:08 UTC 2006

Keep in mind David that other's who have experienced this problem in this
forum have found that replacing the crank position sensor fixed their cold
cranking problem, in my case, replacing the crank sensor offered no help. I
think the key to this is if you can release the starter while trying to
crank the cold engine and the second time it fires right up then this is
very strong eveidence that the cold cranking pulse needs to be increased.
Increasing by 10+ACU- is probably a good amount to try. You only need to change
the pulse width at water temperatures where the cold cranking problem occurs
(I am assuming 100 degress F or less). I hope this helps, Ron

----- Original Message -----
From: +ACI-David Allen+ACI- +ADw-davida1+AEA-hiwaay.net+AD4-
To: +ADw-gmecm+AEA-diy-efi.org+AD4AOw- +ADw-rjdrew+AEA-adelphia.net+AD4-
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: +AFs-Gmecm+AF0- Cold start problem

  I know this is an old thread but... I am fighting the same cranking issue
with my mom's car.  Would you mind telling how much you increased the cold
engine cranking pulse widths?
  I was thinking about a 10+ACU- increase on all the table values below
operating temperature.
  Thanks for your advice+ACE- Her car is a 1990 LeSabre with the 3800 engine.
340,000 miles and still going strong+ACEAIQ-
David