[Gmecm] Clearing fault codes

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Sat Jun 10 12:56:32 UTC 2006

I haven't had any luck using aftermarket laptop software to clear 7749
MALF's.  I can't remember if the dealer scantool was effective for
this.  I generally pull the plug if I need to clear the codes right now.

There is code in the $58 which causes the ecm to automatically clear
MALF's from memory after a specific number of key cycles.  I set that
to 5, figuring that a current code will continue to be current, and a
passing code due to my error with an eprom or running too much boost
shouldn't hang around at all.

Zaphod

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Handley <Robin at FuryWorld.fsnet.co.uk>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:47:50 +0100
Subject: [Gmecm] Clearing fault codes

   I've been trying to get rid of some spurious fault codes and I've
realised
that I'm not exactly sure how they latch.

If the fault (e.g. 33 - MAP too HIGH) goes away, after it has been
present,
should the flag automatically clear? Or is a total ECM reset required?
I've
had no luck with using ALDL commands to clear malfs. Is it required to
remove all power from the ECM? If so, for how long?

Robin