[Gmecm] On the fly tuning

Darren Freed darrenfreed
Sun Jun 11 18:11:30 UTC 2006

So I'm one step closer to on the fly tuning with a GM OBDII pcm.  I've
added an additional 16k sram and am able to write to it and read from it
with SCI(ALDL) type comms - ie modify tables on the fly.  This is
similar to what is done with the efi332 project.

Someone mentioned the capability of GM pcms vs the aftermarket - I
totally agree that GM pcms have _way_ more capability than anything in
the aftermarket.  With Steve Ravet's VPW interface, a little daughter
board off the edge connector and a little code tweaking, we can have on
the fly tuning with all the stock GM pcm capability.  This could be
applied to any 96-98 4 cyl, v6 or v8 pcm.  I'm not sure about later
years, since it appears they dropped the edge connecter with newer pcms.

Now I need a nice little GUI in which to do the .bin editing...

Darren