[Gmecm] Big cap HEI on 7747

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Fri Jun 23 11:27:14 UTC 2006

AFAIK, the 7749 fires injectors with each distributor pulse when synchronous mode is enabled.

Zaphod

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Handley <Robin at FuryWorld.fsnet.co.uk>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:59:51 +0100
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Big cap HEI on 7747

To add to this, the Turbo P4 doc, which claims to describe a PFI system,
discusses 3 fuel modes:

Synchronous - presumably fires every ref pulse? (the 'normal' mode)

Quasi-asynchronous - 'used when the synchronous fuel base pulse width
becomes so small...l' and 'fires the injectors every other ref pulse, for
twice what it would have for synchronous mode'

Asynchronous - 'used to deliver fuel pulses for acceleration enrichment'

So, I understand from this (if it's right), that, for an L4 engine, normally
the injector(s) fire 4 times per cam rev - i.e. the distributor pulse is not
divided at all.

Have I got this right?

Robin