[Gmecm] 4L80e/4L60e

Garrett Herning herningg
Sun Jun 25 00:44:48 UTC 2006

Hi Harry,

No they are not interchangable by connector. Even though they use the same
connector, they run different solenoids, sensors to different pins. Not sure
about disabling the stock ECM for the trans, but I do know there are 2
aftermarket controllers that are normally used when one of these are put
into street rods...

www.compushift.com
http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/

Also I know there are standalone GM controllers for the 4L80E normally used
in diesle applications.

Hope this helps.

Garrett