[Gmecm] 4L80e/4L60e

Garrett Herning herningg
Mon Jun 26 00:36:17 UTC 2006

Hi Will & Harry,

Will is right, you could get a 4L80E to run with some wiring and a relay.
Where I work we make test tools that are used to shift trans in cars or on
dyno's without the factory ECM. Since you have a 94, there is only 1 lockup
solenoid for your 4L60E, same as the 4L80E (the 95 and up 4L60E had a lokup
and a lockup feel solenoid) Shift Solenoid A is the same locgic, Shift
solenoid B is inverted, Lockup and EPC are the same, and you wouldn't have a
3-2 downshift solenoid on the 4L80E. I'm not sure if leaving that wire
unconnected would throw codes or not. Looks like the pressure switch logic
is the same as well but I'd have to double check that against a GM manual.
You'd have to make an adapter harness to reconfigure the wires from the
4L60E harness to a 4L80E. I'd be happy to help you with that as I have the
harness wiring diagrams if you want to go that far.

Garrett