[Gmecm] Ignition off fan

Nick Cooper nick_cooper
Tue Jun 27 22:16:34 UTC 2006

I don't know about the $58 code, but the '165 system I have has a redundant
high temp switch that will keep the fan relay grounded, and the circuit
complete, even when the ignition is off. With a low temp switch, this could
keep the fan on at reasonable temps.

Maybe they did the same with the sunbird system.

Nick Cooper

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org]  On
Behalf Of Robin Handley
Sent:	Tuesday, June 27, 2006 4:09 PM
To:	gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject:	[Gmecm] Ignition off fan

Anybody know if the Sunbird/$58 code supposed to keep the fan running when
you turn the ignition off? There seem to be calibration timing values which
suggest it... but mine goes off (mind you, it is wired as the hot fan, and
that may be different. Trying to work my way through the fan code...

Robin