[Gmecm] Heated O2 Current Draw

Mike Poore mp
Tue Mar 7 23:57:18 UTC 2006

Thanks for the reply. I am surprised it is that low. I figured even a small heater would use more. I guess I don't need a dedicated circuit.

For the person asking about how to wire, you need to wire it to your ignition switch so that the heater circuit is always on with the engine.

I called Bosch and they wouldn't give me any specs. They would only say that they make them to oem specs, which if true, shouldn't be such a secret. Anyway, any suggestions on changing the closed loop delay timers? My ecm has hot, cold, and warm engine delay timers. I found one reference on the web suggesting 60 seconds for a cold engine. Any other considerations involved, or is it all about how long it takes for the O2 sensor to provide reliable readings?

I am using a three wire version for 90's GM.