[Gmecm] Off idle stumble

Mike Poore mp
Sat Mar 11 21:27:30 UTC 2006

I removed the electronics from a stock MAF sensor, fabricated a base
plate out of aluminum and TIG welded it to a larger pipe. I can't tell
you the diameter of the pipe without taking it apart, but it is around
3.75 in. To mount it I bought two of the smooth walled rubber ducts
designed to replace the stock accordian ducts. Mid America and Ecklers
sell them. They are tapered, so I could get them to fit by removing a
couple of inches from the narrow end. The new MAF is now located halfway
between the cold air box, that I made, and the throttle body, which
allows for about 8 in. of straight unobstructed ducting on each side of
the MAF. After the air clears the air filter, it goes around a 45 deg.
turn, which is 50% bigger than the MAF and flows in almost a straight
line right into the plenum.

Mike