[Gmecm] Inexpensive eeprom programmer

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Tue Mar 14 05:11:44 UTC 2006

I thought you guys would like to know I found a eeprom programmer that's reasonably priced. It's a Dual Power Willem. There are some knock offs on ebay from china with stolen software it you don't care about ethics. Or the real deal is available from MCUmall.

  Advantages: Price, fairly simple software, uses usb port for power (ac adapter needed for chips that use over 5v, most automotive is 5v though), compatable with all the chips I've seen so far for prom burning.

  Disadvantages: Open circuit board (no case), have to set jumpers (software shows pictures though), requires a parallell port for interface, erase chip function in software doesn't work (can clear the buffer and burn an empty image though), need to look in the menu for a while to find the AT29C256 chip.

  For what I paid I'm very impressed.