[Gmecm] a question of timing

Don Brown gs455tpi
Tue Mar 14 12:22:24 UTC 2006

Thanks very much for the comments.  These have really helped me understand
the difference between what's needed and and what I had planned to do to
solve the ignition issues.

Don
67 buick gs400
455
tpi
dis - hpv1
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Gibson" <andrewsharyn at yahoo.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] a question of timing

Yes Mike, the high voltage of the reference is 5V. What David is talking
about on the ground is a floating ground. The ecm and module hold the ground
above chassis ground to prevent noise interference. The floating ground
depending on the system is between .1 and 1 volt. In my experience gm is
usually around .2V

  Sounds like an interesting conversion!