[Gmecm] 7747 real-time tuning

Charles McDowell charles
Mon Mar 20 02:22:49 UTC 2006

I'm working on tuning my Blazer with transplanted 7747.  I got an "Ostrich"
from Moates.net and I'm using Tunerpro RT to do adjustments with the engine
running.  I'm monitoring things with WinALDL since I'm used to that.

One thing that's happening is that I'm getting a code 51, "PROM error".
What does this mean?  At first I thought bad checksum, but I don't think
that's it, because I've had bad checksum before, and it results in a rapid
flash on powerup and SES light, neither of which I get in this case.  The
engine starts right up with no SES light or anything, I just see the code 51
in the ALDL data.  What else could it be?

Another question I have is why I don't always get BLM value updates.  For
example, I was tuning in my 800/40 VE cell and I upped the idle to 1200 RPM
to try and see what was happening in that cell.  Once I got to 1200 RPM,
WinALDL showed no BLM or INT data.  The system was still closed loop at the
time.  What decides whether BLM values come out or not?

Thanks for any help.