[Gmecm] 3800 sensor wiring ?

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Mon May 15 14:59:44 UTC 2006

On Saturday 13 May 2006 15:25, Mike V wrote:
> I'm spinning a piston-less 2000MY 3800 series II V6

Don't do it too fast or you'll spin a bearing ;) LOL

> with a scope attached just for educational info.
> She's not giving me much info!
> I'm thinking I need to feed 5V somewhere, then watch the results.
> Does anyone have wiring pin-outs for the cam & crank sensors?
>
> Crank Sensor - 4 wires
>       o Black / Wht stripe
>       o White / Blk Stripe
>       o Yellow
>       o Blue

4 wire? Hall sensor maybe?. If it is, it may need a pullup for the signal,
voltage (not necessarily 5V) and GND supply.
I'll check if I can get some info from the wiring diagrams.

> Cam Sensor is 3 wires
>       o Yellow / Blk Stripe
>       o Brown / Wht Stripe
>       o Black / Wht Stripe

This one doesen't get signal using some combination of two wires?

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.