[Gmecm] 16132240 in depth

Ryan Hess rgmecm
Tue May 30 19:34:18 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into the possibility of using a 16132240 with familiar '7730 code, modified to run SEFI.  The '2240 has a row of 7 transistors, presumably for the injectors. The 8th injector must be controlled by a quad driver or something.

 It definately is a P4 ECM, what's interesting is it only has one CPU. I was expecting two with all the things it has to control...

 The ECM has a 28763 chip, which may or may not be an ISM driver, has 9 pins, and appears physically compatible for the IAC driver we're familiar with.  Whether it actually is, is yet to be seen.

Many of the 7730 pins are compatible with the '2240.  I/O and power, ground, etc.  I wish I had a dedicated test bench for this sort of thing...  If anyone has any hidden schematics to the '2240, or has any advice for this ECM newbie, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I've created simple patches before, but nothing like this.  Thanks,

Ryan