[Gmecm] ECM question?

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Thu Nov 2 01:25:50 UTC 2006

I acquired an 1228747 ECM not realizing it thinking I was getting an 1227747, and am confused, as they are both apparently from late 80's to early 90's C/K series TBI V8's, this one is installed w/ a AKWA calibration.

Does anyone have a bin file from the AKWA, I can't find one on any sites, nor can I find much info about the 8747 ECM other than that TC supports it w/ a $4F def file, so it appears to be tunable but to what extent?

Also, is the 2732A socketed, it's on a daughter card that's flex cable attached to the main board, I haven't disturbed it yet as I want to make sure I am doing it 'correctly' to not damage anything. Or, do I need an adapter socket for the entire daughter card to work w/ the eprom in this variant.

Unfortunately, I'm only familar w/ the 'MEMCAL' setups from the '165 and '730 series in TPI/MPI systems, but there can't be that much difference in them and this, I just need a little help.

Thanks, in advance, for everyones help, hopefully this ECM isn't a bad choice.