[Gmecm] Any USB developers out there?

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Tue Nov 7 04:02:09 UTC 2006

Hi Paul.  I have uploaded the project to the TWiki page:

http://www.diy-efi.org/twiki/bin/view.pl/Gmecm/UsbVpw

I think the problem is in hardware instead of software.  I am testing
the board with a keyboard/mouse demo that is supposed to move the mouse
in a circle and send keystrokes.  This firmware works on the PIC demo
board that I bought, but it doesn't work on my PCB.  I ran usbview.exe
to see that most of the enumeration is correct except the last 4 items:

my board                              demo board
Current Config Value: 0x00            Current Config Value: 0x01
Device Bus Speed: Low                 Device Bus Speed: Full
Device Address: 0x00                  Device Address: 0x01
Open Pipes: 0                         Open Pipes: 1

That stuff is clear as mud to me.  The thing that stands out is the Bus
Speed.  I don't know why my PCB shows up as Low while the demo board is
Full.  I have checked the D- and D+ lines and the pullup is in the right
place.

I am using the PIC18F2455.  I posted to the microchip forums also and
got some suggestions but haven't found the answer yet.  That thread is
here:

http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=185797

thanks for any help,

--steve