[Gmecm] Wide band 02 sensors

Jason M. galaxiecustom500
Sun Nov 12 21:22:23 UTC 2006

When we were using the LC-1 I was on the suspension team (mainly design and
machining of the steering rack) so I'm not exactly sure.  As I mentioned
it's student built so things aren't always handled properly.  My
understanding was something with the power through the controller to the
sensor was damaged.  It was rewired and "worked."  I think it lasted 2 years
of our abuse.

Could also be that someone welded on the dyno frame while the wideband was
on it.  We had a problem like that with someone welding on the steel rear
frame.  It was still bolted to the front carbon tub with a PI data
acquisition system in it... fried the PI, worth about 5k used.

As far as I know the LC-1 worked great, we just got a really good deal on
the techedge.  Got it as a bag of parts and a circuit board.  It also has
data acquisition capabilities, can't have too much of that.

btw, the LC-1 is one of the more popular aftermarket wideband O2's.  If we
didn't have this tech edge I would have gotten another one simply for it's
small controller size.

As for standing behind their product, with student turn over it's possible
we didn't have paper work on it.  Also it might have been purchased used,
discounted or donated, so we would have needed to buy parts anyway.

Jason.