[Gmecm] In-line fuel pumps with TBI

Charles McDowell charles
Sun Nov 19 21:50:52 UTC 2006

I'm running a TBI conversion on a Chevy 350.  I just replaced the tank and
sending unit, and now I can't get the engine to start.  The situation is
that for the conversion I used an in-line electric fuel pump, placed low on
the frame halfway between the truck and engine.  I never had a problem
before, but right now it seems like the pump won't prime.  I don't really
understand, since I've got it to where it self siphons from the tank at the
point where it enters the pump (actually at the fuel filter right in front
of the pump)- I used a shop-vac to prime the lines.  I opened the return
line though, and no fuel is coming out during the key-on prime or during
cranking.

The pump is a Master E2000, which I believe is the boost pump in a Ford
truck application, where it would also have a lower pressure in-tank pump.

Any ideas why this thing doesn't seem to pump gas anymore?  Suggestions for
a self priming in-line pump? I believe there is a Carter pump available from
Summit that is self priming, but it's kinda steep at $140.  Anything self
priming from Autozone?

Thanks for any help.