[Gmecm] In-line fuel pumps with TBI

Chris Reynolds red83brick
Wed Nov 22 04:54:32 UTC 2006

I agree, I used the Master E2000 on my TBI swap on my 1983 Chevrolet G20 Van.  It had low pressure electrical pump in the tank to feed the engine mounted fuel pump in stock form.   The E2000 worked well with the in-tank boost pump.   I ran up to 40 PSI on my TBI setup without trouble from the 190 lph E2000.

Andrew Gibson <andrewsharyn at yahoo.com> wrote:  >The factory setup with an in tank pump only uses a sock filter. Not
>sure what factory external pumps use, ie Ford trucks. Anyone know?

Ford trucks us a low pressure high volume pump in the tank for priming purposes. This pump can pump air without a problem and uses a sock filter on the bottom of the tank. On the frame some models use an sir/fuel sperator to prevent air from getting to the boost pump. Next is the boost pump. It will NOT self prime. Then is the fuel filter, then fuel rails, etc.

If the in tank pump fails the system will still work until you get an air bubble from low on gas or opening the fuel lines. Then you have a nightmare.