[Gmecm] re: John's MPFI conversion

Cowen captain_krill
Thu Nov 23 00:16:41 UTC 2006

What did I do about a Crank Position Sensor?  As
mentioned, my block (RWD) had one.  I just plugged it
in!

In addition, the 2.8l Cavalier DIS donor (FWD) had
one.  The Lumina is also FWD.  I think the Lumina
block is new enough it might have the sensor hole?  I
wonder if all FWD blocks after a certain date have
provisions for the sensor?  Do all FWD cranks after a
certain date have the trigger wheel?  With economy of
scale in manufacturing, I wouldn't be surprised...

Next project is TBI in a 1970 Wildcat.  That won't be
as Plug-&-Play as this Cherokee was!  Anyone know a
good spot to find a TBI setup from a 454? Probably in
with the Hens Teeth on eBay! :)

Duncan